Meet the Program Admission Requirements
Diagnostic Medical Sonography; General or Cardiac Admissions Requirements
• Meet General Admissions Requirements.
• Hold an Associate degree (any field) or higher in any discipline.
• Complete (defined as receiving a grade of "B" or higher) college-level coursework in the subjects below.
Note: All courses must be completed successfully before applying.
SUI does not accept Pass/Fail or Credit/No Credit grades to fulfill admissions prerequisites.
Courses must be a minimum of five-quarter credits or 3-semester credits. All prerequisite courses together must equal 25-quarter or a 16.6-semester credit.
• Physics (topics must include sound waves, heat, light, and motion)
• Communications (oral and written)
• Mathematics (Intermediate Algebra or higher-level mathematics)
• Human Anatomy & Physiology
MRI/ICVT Program Admission Requirements
• Meet General Admission Requirements.
• Program Prerequisites: None
• Transfer Credit Guidelines. For detailed information, see the SUI Catalog.
• Transfer Credits are evaluated upon program acceptance and must be processed at enrollment.
• There is a $75 non-refundable evaluation fee for transfer credits.
• To receive credit for the courses listed below, a letter grade of "B" or better must be completed within the last five (5) years from an accredited institution.
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Medical Terminology
• College Reading